What Is Glutathione?
Glutathione is a peptide consisting of three key amino acids that plays several vital roles in the body.
The key to understanding why Glutathione is so crucial for health is that every cell in our bodies produce Glutathione. Some of the functions for which it is responsible include:
- Conjugates with drugs to make them more digestible.
- Is a cofactor for important enzymes that protect from oxidative damage.
- Participates in leukotriene production for inflammatory and hypersensitivity reactions.
- Helps the liver detoxify fat, which takes stress off of the gallbladder.
- Helps detoxify methylglyoxal, a toxin produced as a by-product of metabolism.
Additional glutathione benefits:
- Plays a crucial role in immune function
- Promotes T-cell function, which is critical for a strong immune system.
- Helps prevent drug resistance.
- Protects from environmental toxins
- Fights cancer
- Helps with weight loss
This is a powerhouse molecule, and experts are now recognizing an alarming rate of people are deficient due to:
- Pre-mature aging
- Chronic stress
- Environmental toxins
- Genetically modified foods
- Artificial sweeteners
- Overuse of antibiotics
Call Foothills today and ask about Glutathione supplementation! 303 862 1504