Urinary incontinence - the loss of bladder control - is a common and often embarrassing problem. The severity ranges from occasionally leaking urine when you cough or sneeze to having an urge to urinate that's so sudden and strong you don't get to a toilet in time
Many people experience occasional, minor leaks of urine. Others may lose small to moderate amounts of urine more frequently.
Types of urinary incontinence include:
- Stress incontinence. Urine leaks when you exert pressure on your bladder by coughing, sneezing, laughing, exercising or lifting something heavy.
- Urge incontinence. You have a sudden, intense urge to urinate followed by an involuntary loss of urine. You may need to urinate often, including throughout the night. Urge incontinence may be caused by a minor condition, such as infection, or a more-severe condition such as a neurologic disorder or diabetes.
- Overflow incontinence. You experience frequent or constant dribbling of urine due to a bladder that doesn't empty completely.
- Functional incontinence. A physical or mental impairment keeps you from making it to the toilet in time. For example, if you have severe arthritis, you may not be able to unbutton your pants quickly enough.
- Mixed incontinence. You experience more than one type of urinary incontinence.
It is important to identify the underlying cause, but you don't have to live with urinary incontinence. Foothills consults with each patient to review medical history and develop an appropriate plan of action.
The Resolve procedure for Women is a natural, non invasive procedure using PRP Therapy that is injected into the walls of the vagina to restore and heal tissue. It is safe, effective, quick and affordable.
Call Foothills today to learn more about the Resolve for Women procedure. 303 862 1504